4 Sitwell Street, Spondon, Derbyshire: House History
4 Sitwell Street is thought to have 18th century origins and is shown on a map of Spondon dated at which time it was detached and set within large grounds adjoining The Homestead to the east. Later maps show that the area around the property developed very gradually during the 19th and early 20th centuries but that No.4 remained quite isolated. It was occupied by quite a wide variety of people, although there are some difficulties in interpreting the census, and these seem to have included several people whose professions connected them to one of two large houses in the area. The Ratings Valuation of 1910 lists the house as part of the Spondon Hall estate, which it probably had been for some time.